Configuring Email Settings in Web.Config When hosting with GoDaddy Web Hosting
When you are using GoDaddy as you web hosting provider, there are no clear instructions on how to configure email settings in Web.config.
He are a simple set of instructions that can get you started .
There are two different scenarios here.
- You are hosting with GoDaddy (Does not matter where your domain is registered)
- When you have your domain name registered with GoDaddy and using different hosting provider but are using GoDaddy Email servers.
For Scenario 1: (You web site is hosted with GoDaddy)
- Replace “YourDomain.com” in above snippet with your own domain name.
- You do not need to provide any user name or password.
- But you should already have a catch all email account / default email account that GoDaddy uses to relay the emails.
Note: Its the same settings you should use even when sending emails from Code Behind in ASP.Net
If you use the
mail() function in your PHP, you do not need to specify an outgoing mail server. If you are using some other method besides
mail() in your PHP code, use
relay-hosting.secureserver.net for your relay server.
For Scenario 2: (Your Email is GoDaddy, but Web site hosted elsewhere)
Side Note: (Applies to both the above Scenarios) Smtp relay server settings might change any time. So, just to verify your correct relay server settings use the below method.
To Check Your SMTP Relay Settings in GoDaddy Hosting account
- Log in to your Account Manager.
- Under My Products, click Email.
- Next to the account you want to use, click Manage Account. If a pop-up appears, click View All. The Email Control Center displays.
- Click the email account name you wish to work with, (for example, email@example.com).
- In the SMTP Relaying section, check the number of relays selected per day. If necessary, you can change this setting.
- Click OK.